The addresses of where you may buy a video in the Kalenjin language are with the list of addresses of the producers and distributors. The producers and distributors of a video are listed after the title of the video. For example, the first video below The Chepkube Stove and the Protection of Children may be bought from Good News Productions International - Africa. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Dramas and teaching lessons on video tape that were produced by Oneal Tankersley in Eldoret, Kenya.
1. Gondit - (Respect) - 35 minutes. This video is designed for teens and young adults. It is a parable about a young man who loves his bicycle and takes extra good care of it because of his respect for its craftsmanship and usefulness. He does not, however, show the same respect for his body as he engages in promiscuous sex. His brother, however, does show respect for his body and his relationship with his girlfriend, and, as his brother dies of Aids, ends up with all the blessings of obedience to God - including the bicycle as well.
2. Sobondo Anan Meet - (Death Or Life) - 20 minutes. The lives of two men are highlighted during a two day period. They face the same problems of life but approach them in totally different ways. One is a believer and one is drunkard. The results of both lives are shown and a challenge is presented to the drunkard to repent.
3. Jesu Kasuldaetab Kipgaa - (Jesus the Fullfillment of Traditional Culture) - 15 minutes. Traditional Kalenjin culture has much good to commend it - but some ungodly aspects as well. This video tries to communicate to the traditional minded that Jesus fullfills and goes beyond the best ideals of Kalenjin culture - ideals such as respect, harmony, and mercy.
4. "Chepkube" ak Ribsetab Lagok - (The Chepkube Stove and the Protection of Children) - 15 minutes. This video uses the horror of burned children to motivate and then instruct parents to build a safer wood burning stove in their homes. An 8 page instruction booklet on how to build the stove is also available to use with the video.
5. Toretetab Tibikyok - (Help For Our Girls) - 25 minutes. This drama deals with a Christian alternative to the Kalenjin "rite of passage" for teenage girls that involves female circumcision. An alternate time of seclusion and training is proposed without any of the destructive cutting of the traditional practice.
6. Kaigai Igas - (Please Listen) - 15 minutes. This video confronts a drunkard through direct appeal from his family and community and through drama that shows how his actions have brought disgrace and poverty to those who depend on him. (also in Swahili)
7. Ng'alek Ang'wan che bo Kayanenyo - (Four Points of our Faith) - 25 minutes. This sermon by Oneal Tankersley is enhanced with visuals and covers the four main points of the teaching about Jesus. (1)He is the Word from heaven made flesh - full of grace and truth. (2)He died for our sins. (3)He arose from the dead and (4)He ascended to heaven and is coming again as judge of the living and the dead.
8. Torornatetab Kamuktaindet - (The Greatness of God) - 25 minutes. A sermon by Oneal Tankersley enhanced with video clips attempts to inspire awe and worship of God Almighty by a consideration of His greatness as displayed in the created world.
Please visit my new Global Christian Video Directory at www.worldchristianvideos.org
It has a list of thousands of titles of Christian videos in over 1000 languages fo the world and where to buy them. This web site is an updated version of this site, the World Christian Video Directory
Visitors to this page since July 30, 2001